If you want to share an exciting flight or route with the community
or send the PMDG team a flight that demonstrates a potential issue with
the product, here's the steps to take to ensure you have all the files
- Go to the File menu and choose Save Flight...
just as you would with any other aircraft. The difference that happens
behind the scenes is the creation of a 747-400 panel state that will
automatically be saved along with the normal FSX flight files. You do
not need to use the PMDG menu Save Panel State option unless you are
only trying to create a cockpit setup such as a Cold and Dark file.
Assume for the sake of this example that you've saved the file as "PMDG
- Create a zip file that has the following files in it:
- PMDG Flight.flt and PMDG Flight.wx and PMDG Flight.FSSAVE from the \My
Documents\Flight Simulator X Files folder.
- PMDG Flight.sav and PMDG Flight.rte from the \Flight
Simulator X\PMDG\747400\PanelState folder.
- You now have everything you need, upload or email the zip file
and others will be able to load your saved flight by extracting those
files to the correct folders on their own machine.